Pray without Ceasing
Once each week, our pastors send out a list of current prayer praises, thanksgiving and requests for us all to be praying over. The list is sent out via email by Wednesday each week. If you would like to receive this list or if you would like to add something to the list, please email Diane Rodgers or Pastor Darrell. If you wish for the prayer need to be kept confidential or only shared with the church's elders, please specify confidential in your email.
To view the current church wide prayer list, click here.
We are exciting to roll out a new concept in prayer facilitation at CCC. It’s called “Prayer Mate.” Prayer Mate is a smart phone app that can be used daily to give you people to pray for from the church’s prayer list. And, you can add your own prayer lists to it as reminders as well. It’s easy, free and will make the speed with which we get prayer needs to you much faster.
Click on the link below. It will give you instructions as to how to set it up on your phone. It works with Apple or Android phones. After you set it up and request to be on the CCC prayer list distribution, we will get an email and approve your access to the list. Then, you can pray away! We are hoping everyone with a smart phone will utilize this new tool. Email Diane@gotoChrist.com if you have any questions or need help setting it up. Here is a link that also has the instructions and the code to scan for access.
Let’s pray and watch our world changed through God’s power!
Prayer Box or Board
You may also share prayer requests on Sundays by tacking the request to the prayer need bulletin board in the rear of the sanctuary near the restroom or by dropping the request into the prayer box in the rear of the sanctuary near the sound booth.
At various times throughout the month, we will have cluster prayer time during the Sunday morning services. It will be announced from the pulpit and everyone will be asked to gather it loose groups to pray over a specific prayer need. No one is left out. No one is asked to prayer aloud. But it's a great time for us to gather in unity to pray for an issue close to our hearts.
Our prayer quilt ministry is an outreach ministry that combines the gift of prayer with the gift of a hand-tied quilt. As each knot is tied, a silent prayer is said for someone who then receives the quilt as a gift of love and a constant reminder that prayers have been said for them and that God is with them.
- What is a prayer quilt? A prayer quilt is a symbolic reassurance of God's Presence. These lap quilts are laced with heavy thread or laces meant to be tied into square knots with each prayer offered on behalf of the recipient. As family, friends and members of our congregation pray for a specific need, God's power is unleashed. Each quilt is then given as a gift to the recipient.
- Who receives prayer quilts? Quilts are provided for a variety of different prayer needs. If special prayer is needed a quilt can be made. Quilts have been provided for needs such as illness, depression, financial crisis, surgery, ministry encouragement, etc. Quilts are given to people of all ages from infants to seniors.
- What's the prayer ministry all about? Prayer is the activity of our ministry. Our goal is to involve as many people as possible in our prayer efforts and to actively model lives of prayer among all ministry members. We pray to the One True God - the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jesus. We believe He is the only God, therefore, He is the only One we can turn to for help. We always ask before we make a quilt. The quilt recipient must be prepared and have agreed to receive our gift of prayer. Surprise prayer quilts are not acceptable. We never accept any form of payment for quilts or for prayer. Anyone receiving quilts will not be obligated to Christ Community Church in any way.
- How can I get involved in the prayer quilt ministry? First, pray. Make it a priority to prayer over each quilt and need every Sunday and then again throughout your week. Second, consider joining the quilting team. Don't know how to quilt? We will teach you. We meet on the last Monday of each month for a couple hours at a home in Scripps Ranch. Third, donate. We can always use fabric donations (100% cotton fabric). We can also use gift cards from stores that sell fabric or quilting supplies. (Walmart, Joann Fabric, Rosie's Calico Cupboard, etc.)
- How do I request a quilt? Email your request to Pat Fleming or Diane Rodgers. Please explain the prayer need and the person's situation. Specify the person's approximate age, gender and any other information you think is pertinent. We cannot guarantee we can provide quilts for all requests received, but we can promise we will pray for every prayer need.